Feb 22, 2009

First Post

I was fairly environmentally aware through high school and college. I tried to recycle, I tried to use environmentally sustainable products. But ever since I worked on a project involving consumer water filtration systems at my job as a strategy consultant this past year, I have become obsessed with environmental sustainability. My research for that project involved researching the environmental impacts of the plastic in water bottles, the troubles of water conservation (especially in cities in the Western United States), and the problems of greenhouse gases. It got to a point where I decided to stop drinking bottled water at work and switched to drinking filtered water from a glass, so that I wouldn't contribute to the thousands of plastic bottles that are wasted each year due to the production of bottled water.

After the project was over, my interest turned to environmental technology, and I started looking into different types of cleantech. I'm already a big tech geek, so I was really excited to learn more about companies that were involved with cleantech, particularly with solar power. I think solar power has such tremendous potential. The sun puts out nearly a thousand watts of power per square meter, but there just isn't a very efficient way of harnessing that power. 

I soon discovered that I eventually want to merge my interest in green technology and environmental sustainability with my professional career, particularly with assisting and providing funding to companies who research and develop new clean technology. I'm hoping that through this blog, I can learn more about the greentech and cleantech industry and find emerging startups and companies that come up with innovative, efficient, and practical ways to implement green technology, so that one day we can achieve a world that is completely carbon neutral and emission free.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Shared Articles